By Erika Aguilar |Staff Writer|
CSUSB is celebrating its fifth Homecoming and its second Bash, previously known as the Kick off on Oct. 17-22.
To commence this week, on Monday, the Spirit Storm , coordinated by Student Engagement, will be taking place at the Library Walkaway and Jack Brown Hall.
“I think it’s great that they plan an event like this. Seeing the CSUSB community get together and have these fun activities on campus will get more people to see how great this campus is,” stated student Sandra Gonzalez.
“I encourage students to attend the events since it is a great opportunity to meet people with same interests such as same major and could help build connections that could help in the future,” stated student Ginessa Villalobos.
Students will be able show their creativity by decorating banners that will be used to cheer our volleyball team.
Alumni will be hosting Grad Days on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. at the bookstore.
Grad days offers graduating students the opportunity to shop for their graduation sash, cap and gown, stole and other necessary items for commencement day.
Followed by this event will be a volleyball game vs. Pomona will start at 7 p.m. at the Coussoulis Arena.
All faculty/staff and students are encouraged to attend the game to show support for their fellow ‘yotes by cheering them on.
There will be refreshments given out to everyone and thus will be a great opportunity for networking.
On Saturday there will be a parade which will start at 3:30 p.m at the bookstore and end at The Den.
Alumni are seeking for walking groups, cars, bands and dancers that are willing to share their spirit.
“I am excited to participate in this annual event, first time during fall quarter,” stated Unit Marketing Coordinator Emily Newby.
“The variety of events shows our partnership with the university to showcase each department’s involvement,” added Newby.
At the Homecoming Bash there will be 17 different vendors, live broadcasting by Lifetime Rocker, fun activities for children, the opportunity to take pictures with Cody the Coyote, and free volleyball game tickets given out for the first 100 people attending the Bash.
Homecoming Bash tickets are $10 per person and can be purchased at the Alumni Office.
The vendors and sponsors include; Budweiser, Jersey Mikes Subs, Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar, The Honey Baked Ham Company, Mustache Mike’s Italian Ice, Kona Ice and more!
“These events help students relieve stress temporary by showing them there is much more than just studying at school,” said student Ginessa Villalobos
The celebration of this special week intends to show school spirit and involve student community in the experience of homecoming.
“It’s a cool and new experience and you don’t really know what to expect until you get there, ” said student Serina Hernandez
- Monday, Oct.17
Spirit Storm (at the Library Walkway and Jack Brown Hall
- Tuesday, Oct. 18
- Grad Days (from 10 a.m-6p.m. at the Coyote Bookstore)
- Foam Finger Decorating (from 11 a.m.-4p.m.; at the SMSU 207/208)
- Dating/Domestic Violence Video and Discussion (Starts at 12-1:30 p.m.at the Lower Commons CO-125; ends 6-8 p.m. at the Serrano Village Square.
- Coyote Volleyball vs. Pomona (starts at 7 p.m. at the Coussoulis Arena)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19
- Grad Days (Wednesday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the Coyote Bookstore)
Foam Finger Decorating (from 11 a.m.-4p.m.; at the SMSU 207/208)
- Cupcake Decorating Competition (starts at 11:30 a.m. at TBD)
- To sign up for this event, contact Emily Orqueza at 909-537-5916 or by
- e-mail at [email protected]. Only CSUSB students can participate.
- Thursday, Oct. 20
- Homecoming at Palm Desert CampusSpirit Storm (at Library Walkway and Jack Brown Hall)
- “Escalation” A short film and discussion about dating violence (from 12-2 p.m. at the SMSU Fourplex)
- Glow Run (from 8-11 p.m. at the Lower Commons)
- Friday, Oct. 21
- On-Campus Alumni Mixer (from 4-5:30 p.m. at The Blue Coyote, SMSU )
- Black Alumni Networking Mixer (from 6-7:30 p.m. at theEvents Center, SMSU)
- Coyote Volleyball vs. Cal State LA (starts at 7 p.m. at the Coussoulis Arena)
- Saturday, Oct. 22
- Homecoming Parade (starts at 3:30 p.m. at the Campus cart path from University Hall to the Coyote Den)
- Homecoming Bash (from 4-6:30 p.m. at The Coyote Den)