By Diana Ramos |Staff Writer|
Save time and money by making your own Valentine’s Day presents.
Midterms have begun and Valentine’s Day is this Friday. Students are big time procrastinators especially during midterms
. They don’t have extra time or money to make plans or buy extravagant presents for their friends or significant others.
Instead of spending loads of money on cliché presents, why not try and make something homemade to woo your significant other?
There are many inexpensive gift ideas on the Internet that are easy and don’t take more than 30 minutes.
YouTube, Pintrest and Tumblr are great at showing you step-by-step projects for Valentine’s Day.
If you are a visual learner, YouTube is the way to go.
Pintrest and Tumblr instruct you on how to make the projects step-by-step through textual instructions and pictures.
One of the easiest and most thoughtful gifts you can give someone is a mixed CD with a special homemade case for it. It’s a little old school but what better way to show someone you care about them than taking some time out of your day to pick a few special songs that remind you of that person?
Things you will need to make the case:
Scrapbook paper, blank CD, ribbon, heart shaped stickers, glue, scissors and a pencil.
1. Start by choosing the scrapbook paper you want for the cover of your mixed CD.
2. Trace around the blank CD on the scrapbook paper four separate times.
3. Cut out your four traced circles.
4. Place your circles semi on top of each other, forming a spiral.
5. Glue the edges of the circle (where they overlap).
6. Wait for your scrapbook paper to dry.
7. While you are waiting for your scrapbook to dry make a playlist for your CD.
8. Once your scrapbook paper has dried crease the edges of the circle.
9. Place the CD in the center of the cover you just made and seal it with a sticker.
10. Tie a ribbon around it to finish off and add
All materials used for this project are available at Target.
$13.99 for a pack of 50 blank CD’s.
$1.00 Gift Ribbon.
$1.00 chocolate bar.
$3.99 Scrapbook paper
Purchasing an album at a store can range from $10 to $30. Making your own special mix tape is a lot cheaper and you can make a vast quantity.
This is a perfect last minute inexpensive gift that is more thoughtful than running to the flower shop and buying a bouquet of roses. Your friend or significant other will love the effort you put towards their mixed
CD. This wonderful DIY was inspired by KeepCalmAndBlushOn on YouTube.
If you absolutely do not have time to make this 20 minute project, you can also print out witty valentine cards that are all over the web and hand them out. All you need is Internet access and a printer.