By Adriene Moore |Staff Writer|
Since it would be nearly impossible to chronicle all of them, here’s a handy top 10 guide to the hottest acts of the hottest season.
1. Sugarland: The country duo of Sugarland is in the process of touring their “Incredible Machine” tour across the U.S. But no worries, there is still plenty of time to catch them in California. Sugarland will be in California from 7/22/11-7/26/11.
Along the tour for special appearances are Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bently, Glen Campbell and The Zac Brown Band.
2. Katy Perry: This ‘Extra Terrestrial’ lady definitely takes music to new levels. You can expect plenty of this in her summer tour.
If you’ve caught any of her videos or live performances, you know that this isn’t a tour to be missed. Perry will be bringing her “California Dream” 2011 summer tour to California in mid-August.
3. Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj: Is there really anything else to say? Britney has proved that she is here to stay.
This year has been good to Ms. Spears, with the release of her newest CD which she proves she’s back on top. She will set off on her summer 2011 (the name is yet to be announced) tour to promote her latest album, Femme Fatale.
This will definitely be Nicki’s moment when she has the chance to tour with the legendary Britney Spears. Spears and Minaj are two very different but equally dedicated performers so you know this is a tour that will push all the right buttons.
4. Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae: These two A-listers team up to form the “Hooligans in Wondaland” summer tour. Both singers offer a uniquely different style of music which is perfect for summertime.
5. Adele: The upcoming “Rolling in the Deep” tour will keep you rolling in your sleep after you hear this singer’s incredible vocals. The soulful, sultry singing voice has gotten Adele recognized these past years and her summer North American tour is sure to entice.
6. Rihanna: Is it getting Loud in here or is it just me? No, it’s Rihanna and she just doesn’t stop. Just two years after her extremely public break-up and assault from singer Chris Brown, this woman shows no sign of slowing. Rihanna will be performing some very select shows, so don’t miss her one night in California on June 28th.
7. Pitbull and Enrique Iglesias: This tour will definitely be “Unforgettable” with the collaboration of rapper Pitbull and Latin singer Enrique Iglesias.
Tickets go on sale May 20th so there is no excuse for not seeing this only-made-in-heaven pair.
8. Sade: The soulful British singer’s “Soldier of Love” tour is definitely the place to look to when you’re in desperate need of a summertime fix.
If you’ve ever heard Sade, you know that the band’s music is one of the most relaxing and calming types out there. With this being the group’s first tour in a decade, it is sure to be “Sweet as Taboo”.
9. Lil’ Wayne: Weezy’s “I Am Still Music” summer tour is set to be explosive.
Openers for the performer include Rick Ross, Lloyd, Keri Hilson and Far East Movement. If the line-up wasn’t good enough, perhaps Weezy himself performing his smash hit “No Love” will bring you out to the event.
The tour will wrap up on September 11th in Texas, so don’t miss your chance to see part of this one of a kind tour.
10. Taylor Swift: “Speak Now” and get Taylor Swift summer tour tickets. Swift will be promoting her latest album Speak Now and is in the middle of the largest tour she has ever done.
The tour will also feature a special appearance by Need to Breathe.